Thursday, September 25, 2014

Concoction #2 I Smell Apple Pie!

Well it smells like apple pie...

It tastes like apple pie...


But I did not make apple pie!

I made apple pie cookies! Yesterday. Not today, but don't be surprised if I do bake cookies before 9:30 am. It can happen!


They look and smell amazing!! 


The recipe is here: http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/gluten-free-apple-pie-cookies/


These are one of the most delicious cookies I've ever made!!

I did experiment and tweak this recipe a tad due to my lactose intolerance/dairy free lifestyle.

That meant no white chocolate chips! ... =O Oh the horror!!

Also that meant no 10 tablespoons of butter..... Hot Damn! That's a lot of mother-freaking butter!

Instead I split it half & half between my butter substitute saviors: Earth Balance buttery spread and Coconut Oil.

I will admit it: I was totally scared to use the oil! I know it's a good fat substitute but I was silently freaking out that I might ruin these cookies that I've been dying to make! Especially since Nicole Hunn (author of Gluten Free on a Shoestring) advises against the tweaking of her recipes because her recipes have been perfected and if you mess with them there is a strong chance you will fail!

Well, I didn't fail! My mixture of butter and Coconut oil came out fine. And I think that with the chocolate chips these would have been too sweet.

I would like to try substituting some butterscotch chips if I could find them dairy free. It'd be like caramel apple pie! Can you say YUM?!



Scrumptious! 



Ryan even complimented on how good they were. And Ryan can be a tough cookie to crack! Or crumble? ;)

Oh and by the way, I should totally be a food photographer because aren't those the most beautiful cookie pictures you ever did see?!

Am I making you hungry yet?!

Enjoy your day dreaming of these beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment